Service Desk Analyst
Exciting opportunity in a growing multinational organisation.
About the business
Axiom Technologies is a Melbourne based entity with a history of providing Managed IT solutions to medium to large scale enterprises globally. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com.
We are looking for a capable resource to coordinate ranging from simple activities to more complex plans. This role will provide onsite/ on-call assistance to end-users within the organisations desktop computing environment in a timely and accurate fashion to ensure optimal service delivery.
- Coordinate processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of End User issues
- Participate in major incident investigation, calls, and follow up activities
- Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution; Ensure transfer of knowledge about new and updated services to Service Desk analysts
- Process incoming calls to the Service Desk by giving support to End Users (approximately 70% of the time)
- Provide strong governance of Service Desk activities by measuring analyst process compliance and performance metrics.
- Work towards achieving the Service Level agreement with End Customer
- Implementing service Improvement plan in Service Desk
- Shift left of activities to perform L1.5/L2 related activities shared by the Infrastructure service team
- Good Knowledge and O365 applications and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be open to work in shifts as per the shift roster.
- Knowledge with regards to Desktop Support and providing in-person assistance for all the Walk-in requests to TechBar
- Knowledge of working in the Utility industry environment will be an added advantage.
- Australian Driving license will be an added advantage for some travel needed for providing Desktop / Tech-Bar Support
- Seeks information about the real/underlying needs of the customers beyond those initially expressed and matches these to available products and services
- Takes proactive steps to exceed customer expectations and add value – without unnecessarily hindering or putting pressure on self or Team’s area of work
- Seeks customer feedback and acts on it
- Associates with valid work permit/visa to work in Canberra, Australia
- Minimum commitment of 12 months to work as per the client Business hours and Out of office support
- Previous Helpdesk (Voice Support) experience preferred.
- Experience of using call logging software.
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience
- Well versed with Australian culture and English proficiency
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with an emphasis on Windows 10
- Good Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- Good Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Office with emphasis on MS Word, MS Excel MS PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- MCP/MCSE/CCNA certification would be desirable. But not mandatory
- Should have a good understanding of infrastructure management processes; a good understanding of process frameworks like ITIL is needed.
- Good communication (written & oral), presentation skills, quick learner, self-initiated, team player, willing to travel, open to working in shifts.
Key Competency – Team Player
- Willingly cooperates
- Responds positively to requests for information and help
- Understands how their own behavior impacts the work of the team and service provided to the customer
- Puts in extra effort to meet team objectives when necessary
- Responds positively when asked to work within a team
Experience in a similar role