Axiom Technologies is a Melbourne-based entity with a history of providing Managed IT solutions to medium to large-scale enterprises, across the APAC region. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com.
Axiom Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and gender to apply, including, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
About the role
The Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, installing and supporting web-based applications and connecting cloud-based platforms to support the company’s tech stack.
Duties to be undertaken as part of this position include:
- Consulting with internal & external stakeholders to set specifications for software applications as well as researching, analyzing and evaluating system program needs.
- Analyzing and determining software specifications to meet the various functions and requirements of integrated full stack system to optimize operational productivity and efficiencies.
- Create Detailed Design and perform Code Review.
- Involve in development, unit testing, system testing, system integration testing and UAT support.
- Product/software implementation activities to production live. Monitoring the application health immediately after the deployment of the software.
- Troubleshooting application-specific issues and providing technical help to software engineers.
- Incident, Problem & Change Management.
- Executing the full software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Identifying limitations and deficiencies in existing technology systems and associated processes, procedures and methods.
- Developing flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Writing well-designed, testable code to meet system requirements and producing specifications to determine operational feasibility.
- Testing, troubleshooting, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language to ensure programs perform to specification.
- Integrating software components into functional software systems and developing software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Writing, updating and maintaining technical programs, end-user documentation and operational procedures.
- Evaluating user feedback and ensuring software is updated with the latest features.
- Advising on strategies for software design activities including financial evaluation and costings for projects and upgrades.
To succeed in this role:
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- You are innovative and strive to find ways to add value to the business
- Have proven ability to work independently, or as part of a cohesive respectful team
- Have relevant experience working with platforms and technologies Java, JSP, Servlet, XML, HTML, JSF, PL/ SQL, JQuery, Angular JS Oracle 10G, SQL server 2012, Tomcat, Wildfly, ServiceNow, Slack, JIRA, VSS, GitHub
Experience in a similar role
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- The ideal candidates will hold IT qualifications in their relevant fields.
Sydney CBD & Inner Suburbs
AUD 90,000 – 130,000 per annum
If you are looking for that next challenge in your career and wish to apply for this role, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org