Axiom Technologies is an Australia-based entity with a history of providing Managed IT solutions to medium to large-scale enterprises globally. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com.
The Australia IT team are looking for an IT Installation Technician to assist with the Melbourne office consolidation project, relocating the current Melbourne offices. The candidate will work closely with the Melbourne office Consolidation Project Manager, local WSS Team, regional infrastructure teams and vendors. Role will involve working outside of business hours during the week & on some weekends.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with local/regional IT colleagues and vendors to deliver project solutions.
- Participate in silo meetings/conference calls with teams as appropriate.
- Escort Technology vendors involved in build out of new Office.
- Rack & Stack of Infrastructure in new L43 Comms Room.
- Work with Business Units on all Technology requirements for new Office space.
- Building new Desks with PCs, phones, headsets, and associated cabling.
- Manage the relocation of Desktop Technology from L14/120 Collins St to L43/101 Collins St.
- Manage the relocation of Desktop Technology from L53/101 Collins St to L44 /101 Collins St.
- Assist with post relocation Asset Disposal exercises.
- Ensure adherence to the Firms Asset Management Policies and Procedures.
- Document tasks completed in a daily log.
IT Skills and Experience
- Solid technical skills with physical installing Network equipment and patching (Software configuration will be done by network team)
- Solid technical skills with installing Desktop equipment
- Sound technical skills in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016/365 desktop environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Team Player. Ability to work as part of a local and virtual team. Across multiple countries and cultures.
- Analytical and good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, work outside of business hours weekdays & on some weekends to meet project deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptability to the dynamics and demands of Project fit-outs.
Experience in a similar role
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
Note: Preferable Australian Citizen/Local Candidates only
If you are looking for that next challenge in your career and wish to apply for this role, please forward your resume to email@example.com