Axiom Technologies is an Australia based entity with the history of providing Managed IT solutions to medium to large scale enterprises globally. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com
Axiom Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and gender to apply, including, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assists with design, implementation, and management of available, cost efficient, fault tolerant, and solutions in enterprise shared services (Ex: Firewalls, Network Gateways, Identity Federation, Patch Management, Backup Management, Golden Image Management etc.)
- Implementation of solutions based on based on defined standards for Cloud COE, Architectural best practices and Well Architected Frameworks, – from the application and infrastructure perspective.
- Assists with delivery of Cloud Architecture patterns and customization of self-service cloud offerings based on department and customer requirements with guidance from a senior member of Cloud COE.
- Assists the analysing migration feasibility and migration of existing on-premises applications to Cloud.
- Assist with integration and management of Cloud infrastructure/network environment with corporate and service provider infrastructure / data center environments.
- Assist with design of reference Architecture for implementation of codified stacks that meet the needs of the shared services and corporate applications.
- Ensure that the specification and design of new/migrated applications, major application enhancements and bug-fixes meet the defined business needs, align with enterprise and cloud solution architectures, and complies to standards.
- Provide 2nd level operational support for and participate in the delivery of major and minor work packages for the delivery of Cloud COE.
- Promotes the use of automation of tasks, builds and scripting and supports the creation of a continuous integration, continuous deployment and “DevOps” aligned approaches
- Monitors and reports on the progress of systems support activities, using appropriate quality assurance processes and tools to ensure that operation is in accordance with standards, methods and procedures.
- Provides hands-on technical guidance and support to accelerate Cloud learning among peers
- Demonstrated expert level proficiency in the Cloud, Network and Security technology environments including:
- Cloud Services – IaaS and PaaS (mainly AWS Services)
- Networking – Transit Gateways, VPNs, Load balancers (Cloud native and Appliances), VPC, DNS
- Security and Identity – Firewalls (Cloud native and Appliances), Identify Federation/SSO, WAF, SSL/TLS Certificates
- Across Windows, Linux and Solaris operating systems
- Orchestration and Automation (ex. Ansible, Jenkins, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Demonstrated experience with automating, deploying, and managing IaaS, PaaS services, network services and security services in public cloud platforms.
- Experience in Cloud-based backup technologies and patch management services.
- Strong scripting skills for monitoring and automation (i.e., PowerShell, bash, python).
- Demonstrated ability to provide 2nd Level support with expert level problem diagnosis and resolution skills and experience in managing and maintaining cloud service platforms including the planning, management, configuration management and change and release.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) environments and tools (ex. Git, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence)
- Experience across a range of development methodologies including Agile based methodologies (Scrum, Lean and Kanban).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Interpersonal Skills – Uses insight to build common understanding with groups and individuals and addresses difficult or sensitive topics in a way that provides a sound basis for mutual solutions.
- Influence and Negotiation – Uses leadership and expertise to effectively address stakeholder issues, influencing others to identify opportunities and broker long-lasting solutions.
- Systems Thinking – Appreciates the operating environment and uses knowledge to design efficient systems and anticipate and address issues arising.
- Conceptual and Analytical Ability – Designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs and processes, and develops new insights into situations, applying innovative solutions to make improvements in the work area.
- Customer Focus – builds and sustains effective relationships with customers in order to build a common understanding and address their needs.
- Flexibility – Adapts approaches and work to changes in the environment and effectively meets new challenges.
- Teamwork – Cooperate effectively with the team and work collaboratively to achieve work plan and goals.
- Empathy and Cultural Awareness: Demonstrates an interest in and an appreciation of a range of different cultures and actively seeks to understand and effectively address the issues and views of others.
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent experience in ICT.
- AWS Certifications – DevOps Engineer / SysOps Admin (at least associate level)
Experience in a similar role:
If you are looking for that next challenge in your career and wish to apply for this role, please forward your resume to email@example.com