Desktop Support Officer – Singapore
Axiom Technologies is an Australia-based entity with a history of providing Managed IT solutions to medium to large-scale enterprises globally. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com.
Axiom Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and gender to apply, including, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate overall workload with customer Management team, to ensure delivery service to customer with high quality and error free.
- Provide daily management of production and problem management, execution of all automated business applications and processes.
- Perform Data Center Operations, Incident and Problem Management, Service Level Management, Enterprise Scheduling, Critical Business Process Planning and Execution.
- Help establish a positive customer experience working with the local customer operations team to ensure service delivery within their production environment.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct data center activities on behalf of the client organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the data center.
- Project / Operation task scheduling with customer and Operation team.
- Perform project implementation and daily operation as customer SOP.
- Monitor Operation team daily operation progress and ensure all the activity with customer SLA.
- Escalating outstanding issue to customer management team and report to global team in necessary.
- Responsible for assisting with PMO level optimization of resource utilization.
- Take ownership of deployment defect and provide remediation of defects.
- Responsible to provide daily / weekly meeting with customers for team / projects status reporting.
- Participate in and contribute to data center workgroups
- Update and provide feedback on Runbook documentation (SOP)
- Coordinate onsite Operation team with customer, landlords, 3rd party support suppliers, and other vendors to perform work together
- Be available to provide guidance to Operation team to ensure a timely and error-free resolution to issues
- Provide Training and coordination with global team for knowledge distribution to Operation team.
IT Skills and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or IT related disciplines
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in IT management experience; experience in other aspects of IT operations, including budgeting and staffing
- Preferred Data Center related certifications
- Preferred technical knowledge of network, PC operating systems, RAID technology, Windows Server OS
- Support (2003/2008), DNS and DHCP
- Preferred Windows MCSE and Cisco CCNA Certifications, ITIL is an advantage
- Good command in spoken and written English
- Good communication, presentation skill, interpersonal skills and team player
- Self – motivated and good leadership skill
- Ability to work and manage the high stress data center environment
- Position may involve frequent typing, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching and lifting.
- Lifting requirements may range from <10 lbs – 50 lbs on a regular basis, with heavier weights done in conjunction with other individuals or lifting aids.
- Excellent End-user computing skills.
- Good knowledge of Infrastructure support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Well organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Strong customer service ethic and great communication skills, both oral and written
- Passionate about delivering quality no matter what you are doing
- Can work both independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- A self-starter, motivated to push the limits and think outside of the box
- Fondness for solutions that are simple, elegant, and effective
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
In-depth knowledge of:
- Windows OS (e.g. XP, Vista, Windows 7, 10)
- Microsoft Office applications
- PCLaptop hardware
- PCLaptop peripherals, including printers
- Mobile devices
At least two of the following:
- Bachelor of Engineering – Computer Science, Bachelor of Technology – Computer Science, Master of Computer Applications
- ITIL qualification
- MCP certification
Experience in a similar role
- 2-5+ years of relevant experience.
If you are looking for that next challenge in your career and wish to apply for this role, please forward your resume to email@example.com